Author Topic: Bleddyn's Book  (Read 4246 times)

Offline apend01

Re: Bleddyn's Book
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 11:20:34 AM »
Thanks I'll try there.

Offline chrisc

Re: Bleddyn's Book
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 07:38:10 PM »
Often, criticism is raised of Vagabond Holes as to a putative hagiographical tendency ... an editorial selectivity, especially an apparent absence of any reference to the circumstances surrounding David's death. BB answers this criticism well, I think, in Part 2 of the interview in Mess + Noise.

Good luck with his book, by the way.

So why is there no attempt to contradict the falsehoods and address them? Why doesn't someone update it with the truth?
Because certain people close to him don't want to talk about this. I've come to a point where I know there's another book there but I don't know if I'll ever write it, because I have no interest in writing a book that skirts around certain things. Sorry, I hate being vague in saying "certain things" but I have no option here. If there were ever to be a second volume it would be because I could write about the whole truth. David's passing is not edifying, it's not cathartic, it's not even a tragedy - it's squalid. Maybe there are elements of a tragedy, because there's certainly an Iago or two in this story, though I don't think David's sin was pride. But I'm not so sure this part of the story needs to be told. It's certainly not going to be told by me without the cooperation of those involved.