Author Topic: A Book of Triffids/David McComb lyrics  (Read 3068 times)

Offline punkrocker1991

A Book of Triffids/David McComb lyrics
« on: July 30, 2009, 10:37:11 PM »
Apologies if I'm posting to the wrong place for this.

I'm a Western Australian independent publisher.

I'm putting together a book, and hoping to compile the complete Triffids and David McComb lyrics.

I'm hoping that the members of this forum can point me in the direction of the tough to get stuff -- the early cassettes especially, and lyrics to b-sides and other rarities.

Any and all help in this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Russell B. Farr
Editor, Ticonderoga Publications

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
  • "Light on the water, We could sail on forever"
Re: A Book of Triffids/David McComb lyrics
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 11:17:38 PM »
Most of the lyrics are available online here (some of these are vetted fan transcriptions from the audio recordings rather than "official versions", although many are direct from the lyric sheets or other original source material), but I expect that if you wanted to publish the lyrics commercially then you'd need to obtain the appropriate licences/permissions from the relevant copyright holders. I can't help you much on that one, although I expect that there are contributors to this forum who might be. I'm sure you'll be familiar with the process anyway.

It'd certainly be good to see a well produced book (by which I mean beautiful to look at as well as read and qualitatively in keeping with its content) of the complete lyrics of D McC.

...sorry, I'm forgetting my manners. Welcome stranger.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 11:27:05 PM by Urpal »
We all have our croissants to bear

Offline Bro

• "I packed my bag"
    • Sexton - (in Swedish)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 02:09:00 AM »

I'm putting together a book, and hoping to compile the complete Triffids and David McComb lyrics.

Excellent. Now add the chords too.

Offline punkrocker1991

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 11:27:57 AM »
Hi, Urpal

I've been in contact with Mushroom Music, his music publishers, and things are mostly sorted there. I've also been in contact with Graham Lee who has been very helpful.

I'll certainly be using the site as a resource. I also have access to all the reissues and the comprehensive notes there.

If anyone has copies of the early tapes I'd love to get in touch, as I understand these have the lyrics.

I hope the final product will meet your standards, as I believe the thing I do best is produce beautiful books.

Russell

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
  • "Light on the water, We could sail on forever"
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 05:15:05 PM »
Hi Russell You sound like the man for the job. Good stuff. Look forward to buying the finished product! I can't help with any early tapes lyric sheets but I expect others will answer the call .
We all have our croissants to bear