Author Topic: Who know's what he says?  (Read 11511 times)

glee

Re: Who know's what he says?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 06:07:41 PM »
The only thing it sounds like to me is "between", could be muttering to himself and reminding himself of things to come, and that word does come up.

Offline vps

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 06:33:06 PM »
I don't think it's a three but I should listen again. It was intentional to leave it in. There are other spoken bits on Triffids songs, notably Jill's "yeah shut the door" on Good Fortune Rose.  
Reminds me of the similar instance of "shut the door" in VU's "Inside of Your Heart" which makes for a nice link seeing as Triffids did whole lot of VU stuff and indeed that particular song as well. Do you think it might have ended up being left in as a conscious nod to VU? 
Between thought and expression lies a lifetime

Offline Shane Tilbury

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 07:29:17 PM »
Actually I pride myself when it comes to spelling. All I can attribute the blunder to was the pressures of life in Zimbabwe! I was rushing yesterday...I'm certainly not put off. I usually correct everyone myself. We need good english teachers here, are you available lonesome? As to my question, some interesting responses. Now I'm going to hit the spell check key.....

Offline lonesomesquare

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 08:00:34 PM »
Actually I pride myself when it comes to spelling. All I can attribute the blunder to was the pressures of life in Zimbabwe! (...) We need good english teachers here, are you available lonesome?

Well I don't think I would make a good teacher, my English (with heavy Flemish accent) is lousier than one would imagine and - Zimbabwe huh? - ... I just sold my private jet! :D
Has the Triffids got to my daisy??? (a random quote from the Gardening in Oz forum)

Offline jimjamtwo

• James Paterson at Virb.com
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 08:31:12 PM »
We need good english teachers here, are you available lonesome? .... Now I'm going to hit the spell check key.....
It would seem spell checkers don't identify capitalization errors. ..
 ;D
St Francis died on his knees in a gaudy downtown bar
He had every known disease you can contract in the back of a car.

Offline geoffm

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 05:57:55 PM »
Actually I pride myself when it comes to spelling. All I can attribute the blunder to was the pressures of life in Zimbabwe! I was rushing yesterday...I'm certainly not put off. I usually correct everyone myself. We need good english teachers here, are you available lonesome? As to my question, some interesting responses. Now I'm going to hit the spell check key.....
Hi Shane
I`m sure there are some of us here who would be interested in any insights you might care to share with us about life in modern Zimbabwe.
The press here are uniformly negative about the place and I suspect it no better in Europe.So is it as bad as the big bad west makes out?
There is an awful fascination in watching a country that inherited relatively strong institutions and a robust economy self destruct at the hands of someone who appears to have been widely loved for many years
I recently read Peter Godwins memoir-when a crocodile eats the sun,which was part uplifting and part depressing.
He made the point at the end of the book that to some extent Mugabe has succeeded in making white and black more or less equal in the country.Unfortunately he has achieved it by bringing everyone down to the same level rather than raising the poorest up.
Look George,partridges

Offline Shane Tilbury

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 03:58:58 AM »
Not sure I can answer your question satisfactorily here but I see you are in Brisbane so I guess you've seen the influx of Zimbabweans into your city in the last few years. Most of them will be bitter so they may not give you a balanced opinion of the country.

Zim remains a wonderful country with fantastic people, both black & white but it is a nation in the throes of great anguish right now, the reasons for which are complex & historical. I doubt whether all you Triffids fans are too interested in the internal strife of Zimbabwe - you must all be sick of reading about it. If you want to e mail me I'll gladly give you more specific details.

Meantime, I don't believe we have reached consensus on the answer to my question...

Offline TowerOfSong

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 07:02:52 AM »
On a similar note, don't suppose anyone knows what he says at the end of 'One mechanic Town' do they?
"I've never never.....????????"
Wadya gonna do?
T. Soprano

glee

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 11:24:10 AM »
speed again i think.

Offline Shane Tilbury

Re: Who knows what he says?
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2016, 10:33:59 AM »
Nine years on and still no satisfactory answers, but I see this post has LOTS of views.
Are you still around lonesomesquare, or have you now found a companion? I see that 'The Triffids' are performing right now. Anyone planning a night at Corner Hotel?

Offline mark t

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 02:22:08 PM »
I can't make it :-[