Author Topic: Triffids tribute - Triffbute, if you will  (Read 15404 times)

Offline JasonW69

Re: Triffids tribute - Triffbute, if you will
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2006, 10:45:22 AM »
HI forum folks,
Sorry I've been offline for a while as a result of broadband-suppliers-being-jerkfaces-problems and now I'm back and ready to sort out the logistics of Triffbute. Kieren, here's my work email JBWalker@acpmagazines.com.au
Please e me urgently when you get a chance as it'd be great to catch up this week and have a chat about this.
Let's make it a night to remember.
JW

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
  • "Light on the water, We could sail on forever"
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2006, 10:04:22 PM »
We're all back in the real world again after the Hasselt and Amsterdam shows and the plaque unveiling in London. Wondering how we can do something similar in Australia....

Reading this comment in the "News" header of this forum reminds me to enquire how the "Triffbute"/"Triffbeaute" is coming along? 

We all have our croissants to bear

robweb

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 10:09:01 AM »
Any news?

Offline Kieren

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 01:13:22 PM »
Not really I'm afraid.  Jason seems to pop up and then disappear completely!  Mind you I canít say that Iím much better.  Iíll report in when I hear from him next.

Offline weasel

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2007, 09:48:57 PM »
It's a bit quiet round here and I got the scanner out, so this is for Keiran and a continuation of my usual dumb comments I made earlier in this thread.

Handsome Steve's House Of Refreshment - 5 stars in the Weasel guide to Melbourne.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 09:51:22 PM by weasel »

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2007, 10:07:54 PM »
So who is Raoul Graf? Any relation to Raoul Records? Sometimes your comments are so "dumb", weasel the wise, that they leave me totally dumbfounded but curious. This one's been puzzling me for a while (obviously on and off, not 24/7 :))

glee

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 01:53:27 AM »
House Of Refreshment. This website is not yet finished, obviously, but gives you some idea of what weasel is referring to. As soon as he gives me the rest of the content the site will be more comprehensive.

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 03:07:56 AM »
Having just bought and installed a new PC monitor before visiting here, I also installed, as you do, some crap piece of software loaded on the installation disc that enables you to move what you see on your screen to 90', 180', 270' and back to 0' again. Fun but not having an immediately obvious use. Only thing is that when I came to look at the House Of Refreshment site I coincidentally sent the page spinning on it's head. It somehow made more sense that way, although I felt like a drunkard trying to find the icon in the tray normally at the bottom of the screen now re-located at the top with my mouse operating counter-intuitively to get back from hanging upside down onto my feet again. Someone call me a cab!

Handsome looking coffee machine. Damn fine coffee...and hot too.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 03:13:40 AM by Urpal »

Offline geoffm

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2007, 01:41:43 PM »
I`ll keep the images of that machine away from my other half who takes the making of coffee very seriously.We have a shiny stainless steel thingy in our kitchen that cost a usurious amount of money,makes appropriate whoosing noises and a tasty end product.Generally I keep away from it.I`d be in trouble if she saw the HSM machine.My missus doesn`t seem to understand that when you own a shop the coffee supplier gives you the machine so long as you use their product.We will seek out his place when next in Melb.Forum discount Steve?
Look George,partridges

glee

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2007, 02:32:11 PM »
I don't think any coffee supplier paid for that machine. It is a thing of beauty though.