Author Topic: Born Sandy Devotional  (Read 62671 times)

Offline Gazza

Re: Born Sandy Devotional
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 05:57:23 PM »
Just back from having a few mid-afternoon beers with Mark T, currently on his way to Kangaroo Island via Adelaide. While we were chatting about the reissues his right hand suddenly dived into a pocket and came out brandishing a print of the artwork for the Wide Open Road reissue sleeve, which features one of Mark's red-earth photos from the island. Fits the song perfectly and looks very tasty indeed. Good to meet up with him at last; nearly as good to see the sleeve artwork looking so splendid.

The version I saw had 'Promotional Use Only' or words to that effect incorporated in the artwork but in such a way that they could easily be dropped out. Can't be certain, but I'd be very, very surprised if that sleeve had been created for a white label version of WOR.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 11:21:11 PM by Gazza64 »
This could be heaven; shallow spreads of ordered lawns.

Offline bdroop

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 06:43:24 PM »

Hi,

Just to confirm that it's a promo only edition for radio stations.

We had a few shots but that seemed to work the best.
I bet we've been rubbish and not credited Mark for the shot - so a big thankyou to you Mark.
I'll send him finished copies and we should all hail him if we walk past him and praise him.
j

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
  • "Light on the water, We could sail on forever"
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 08:00:15 PM »
Congratulations to Mark for getting his photo/photos involved in the re-release process. I didn't even realise until now he had this talent for photography, so his modesty becomes him too. I had marvelled at some of the nature photos squeezed into his avatar slot over time here (and wished I could see them at a proper scale rather than through a keyhole darkly), but had no inkling or suspicion these were his own captures.
We all have our croissants to bear

Offline bdroop

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 09:09:37 PM »
there we go spontaneous praise flowing in - do you upload stuff Urpal - i can send you a jpeg of the little feller and we can get some more praise for the actual thing going if you like
j

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 09:15:36 PM »
No problem, but there is a file size limit on uploads to the forum of 256 KB, so it might need to be shrink wrapped first ;)

Offline bdroop

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 09:57:07 PM »
ok - let me have a little go at that tiddler - bear with me !

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 10:15:48 PM »
If you do get a jpeg shrunk to fit, you could upload it yourself fairly easily. If you reply to this, then whilst in the "post reply" box composing your message there's an "Additional Options" link at the bottom. Click on that and it throws open a menu of extras you can add to your reply. To add an attachment, hit the browse button, find the jpeg on your computer, click on it and the location will auto-fill in the relevant space in the reply box. Then just post your message and the file will upload with your message.

Simple......or at least a lot easier to do than explain in an understandable way.

glee

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 10:27:16 PM »
It's something like this...

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 10:35:45 PM »
Lovely. Coincidentally, John has just sent me the full artwork, so here it is. Still Hot (but not Hot, if you get my meaning).

glee

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 10:40:05 PM »
Mine was an earlier version obviously.

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 10:40:50 PM »
I've also got the BSD promo re-issue sleeve, but if it doesn't upload with this message it's cos it slightly exceeds the maximum file capacity - Mr Creosote getting in the road again ;)

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 10:44:08 PM »
Oh, it worked :o. Funny how things show up as one file size as an e-mail attachment, but then shrink when you copy them over. Must be the 21 grams principle for data or something.

I haven't even had a proper look at 'em myself yet, so forgive me while I go and admire them over a sandwich.

Offline Eke

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 10:45:31 PM »
Ooooooooh! (I feel the need to watch Toy Story again for some strange reason)

This makes it all seem much more imminent doesn't it?

Lovely stuff everyone.

Offline vps

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 11:08:51 PM »
I can't wait to get my hands on that. Bloody hell, I'm like a kid at Christmas time, two months seems way too long to have to wait for that.
Between thought and expression lies a lifetime

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 11:12:16 PM »
I'm pleased to see the use of the "tree motif" as a form of special branding. Just as I had hoped.

I received one of the lapel badges from Domino yesterday (applications were invited here for anyone who missed it). It's a work of beauty (even if the correct use of the securing stud and pin at the back remains a bit mysterious to the mechanically unskilled like me ;D).

I now see what you mean about the "Dave" thing, John. I'm conscious that I use the familiar form of Dave rather than David quite regularly without really giving it a second thought. It's easily done.