Author Topic: Hamburg-markthalle 1986  (Read 2338 times)

thokei

Hamburg-markthalle 1986
« on: February 10, 2004, 06:52:11 AM »
Hi, im new to the board...

I only saw one Triffids gig :(
1.6.1986, when they supported the Go Betweens ( Liberty belle Tour )...i dont have much memories after all these years...
but liked it, to say at least ;)

In 1994 David Mc Comb & The Red Ponies opened for Hunters & Collectors at the Logo Club in Hamburg. Im not too much interested in H&C..but it was GREAT to hear some old Triffids ( and others ) songs again..

glee

Hamburg-markthalle 1986
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 10:24:04 AM »
People keep mentioning gigs I actually remember.  Pure luck I'm sure.
This one was memorable largely because we were looking forward to seeing the Go-Betweens but they were very late arriving for the gig due to an unfortunate sequence of events involving insufficient documentation filled out by their tour manager (not Steve Miller) thus necessitating three channel crossings instead of one.
Anyway, as I remember it the GoBs were not very pleased about supporting us in the first place and were extremely grumpy on arrival, had to perform without a soundcheck etc.
We had a good time but somewhere deep down inside were sorry the GoBs didn't.    

Offline songhunter

Re: Hamburg-markthalle 1986
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 12:45:26 AM »
Hi, im new to the board...

I only saw one Triffids gig :(
1.6.1986, when they supported the Go Betweens ( Liberty belle Tour )...i dont have much memories after all these years...
but liked it, to say at least ;)

In 1994 David Mc Comb & The Red Ponies opened for Hunters & Collectors at the Logo Club in Hamburg. Im not too much interested in H&C..but it was GREAT to hear some old Triffids ( and others ) songs again..
Markthalle,Hamburg, Germany 1st June 1986

Setlist:
1. Chicken Killer
2. Field Of Glass
3. Wide Open Road
4. Lonely Stretch
5. Raininig Pleasure
6. Jesus Calling
7. Red Pony
8. Bury Me Deep In Love
9. Monkey On My Back
10. Rosevel