Author Topic: Bleddyn Butcher - New Interview  (Read 2475 times)

Offline nerosneptune

Bleddyn Butcher - New Interview
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »

Bleddyn Butcher is the author of the outstanding Save What You Can bio. I recently interviewed him about the book, the Triffids and David McComb. I hope everyone enjoys this interview and finds it informative. Thanks. 

http://spectrumculture.com/2012/11/interview-bleddyn-butcher.html/

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
  • "Light on the water, We could sail on forever"
Re: Bleddyn Butcher - New Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 04:09:22 AM »
Thanks. Excellent interview. Makes me want to read the book. It's been following me around for a while now, but I keep putting it off. It may yet take me ten years to read it (god willing). That might even be appropriate.
We all have our croissants to bear

Offline steffitee

• The Better Life
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 05:57:46 AM »
Oh, excellent! This is going to be my birthday present to myself next year, so I'm super excited. Thanks for sharing!
No more dreaming like a girl so in love with the wrong world

Offline son of albert

• ..the evenings were a kind of melancholy truce...
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 01:09:09 AM »
Thanks for that. Great interview.

Urpal - I am nearly at the end of the book. It has been following me around too. It adds further depth to my appreciation and understanding that I would have not imagined having been part of this forum, heard every snippet of music I could, watched every bit on YouTube, seen them live and the London shows, read the books and poems, got the demo versions of the Costar songs, got pissed with the band members and triffheads, seen Dave's early notebooks etc......I am continually grateful for this. And it has made me listen to each of the reissues again and think how fuckin great they are!
It's an idea some day, in my tears, my dreams...