Author Topic: Lonely Stretch/Property Is Condemned  (Read 1670 times)

Offline glee

• Administrator
Lonely Stretch/Property Is Condemned
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:21:43 PM »
I've posted Lonely Stretch and Property Is Condemned from a show at Effenaar, Eindhoven on May 11, 1985. These were recorded by our good friend Carlos Van Hijfte and are high quality audience recordings. We hadn't yet recorded Lonely Stretch but it's in pretty good shape to be recorded. We didn't change it too much when we got into the studio with it a little while later. I like this version of Property Is Condemned very much. A request from the audience. Dave always liked it when people requested things he actually wanted to play.

Offline RichM

Re: Lonely Stretch/Property Is Condemned
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 05:02:06 PM »
I really enjoyed listening to them, Graham. Great recordings/performances - looking forward to hearing more from that gig  :)

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
  • "Light on the water, We could sail on forever"
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 10:08:43 PM »
Thanks glee. I enjoyed them too.

Sandy seems to be a word featuring high in the headlines at the moment. I guess Born Sandy Devotional must be at risk of being banned in the USA at the moment based on title alone!
We all have our croissants to bear

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 11:31:52 PM »
Sandy seems to be a word featuring high in the headlines at the moment. I guess Born Sandy Devotional must be at risk of being banned in the USA at the moment based on title alone!

Curiously, "Sandy" features in the BBC headlines again today but for a reason unconnected with the hurricane, and this time closer to the home of the hits:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20442487

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
Lonely Stretch/Property Is Condemned
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 05:25:56 AM »
I just read that the Newtown events took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Born Sandy is definitely going to be taken for the devil's work  in the US now. Either that or Olivia Newton John's gonna get some McCarthyite treatment.

Anyway I certainly hope the US finally gets around to some gun control. The "can't disinvent it" argument sounds strangely nostalgic for us Cold War kids who have grown up in a gun free, kill free environment.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:29:05 AM by Urpal »