Author Topic: Homebake 2011  (Read 2014 times)

Offline hillsaths

Homebake 2011
« on: December 06, 2011, 04:31:25 PM »
It was great to hear Davids songs and I know that it gets downplayed on here but the band was not just David, The Triffids as a unit were(are) an extremely tight and powerful band with or without David. (and yes I realise that the songs go a long way to making the bands sound).

I really enjoyed hearing the songs off BSD again, I however would have liked to have heard some of the songs from the other singles/eps/albums.

I think that the english singer (cant remember his name) was a perfect foil for the band, he was able to deliver the songs in a way that David would have been proud. If the band every decide to have a frontman again, I would be more than happy with him. 

I also think that Homebake should reconsider how they set stages up as there was a lot of spill from the main stage, which affected not just the Triffids stage but also the stage where Kimbra and Icehouse played.

Not sure why Steve Kilbey did not do Wide Open Road, as he was there.

Offline glee

• Administrator
Re: Homebake 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 05:00:32 PM »
We intended to do more songs but couldn't because of timing problems. Bleed between stages was a problem. Simon Breed has been doing Wide Open Road in all recent shows and it wouldn't have been fair to take it off him.
We had one hour alloted to us but only got 50 minutes in the end.  Oh well.

Sent from my u8800 using Tapatalk

Offline pjhrath

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 08:07:38 AM »

There are 720p videos of the show up on Youtube currently:

Part 1: The Triffids - live- Homebake - 3 December 2011 - 1 of 2

Part 2: The Triffids - live - Homebake - 3 December 2011 - 2 of 2

pete

Offline glee

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 01:30:41 PM »
These clips are a fair indication of the recent shows, although Homebake was the only one where we were limited to just doing BSD. I guess it was fitting in a way that we did just that at least once. At Red Hill we played BSD plus five songs, at Powerhouse we did 2hrs 45 mins and at Queenscliff 2 and a half hours. BSD was played in its entirety at all shows.

Offline hillsaths

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 03:10:24 PM »
Wish I was there to see either the Powerhouse or Queenscliff shows over two and a a half hours of Triffids!