Author Topic: The Gary Meadows Syndrome  (Read 2367 times)

Offline Max Dembo

The Gary Meadows Syndrome
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:36:33 PM »
An old friend sent me a hand bill for TGMS at The Grosvenor Hotel. It says 'Last Perth Show' and the line up (in David's hand) is David McComb,
Will Akers,Alsy MacDonald & Gary Jennings. Support by Martha's Vineyard (In which Phil Kakulas played Bass) and says also XMas EVE: Stevie Wright (which I saw.) I don't know what year that was but I felt sure that
Graham played in TGMS also, What do you remember GLEE? Remember supporting Paul Kelly on a Sunday at The Clarenden.? Anyone here recall?
M.D

Offline glee

• Administrator
Re: The Gary Meadows Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 10:42:07 AM »
I don't remember playing in this outfit at all. This doesn't mean, of course, that I didn't. Can't recall anything about supporting Paul either.
Now you've got me worried.

Offline perrymonkey

• Another Christmas Carol
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 12:13:17 PM »
Don't worry Graham, I can't remember what I ate for lunch...
proud 2B a TriffHead

Offline Max Dembo

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:07:23 PM »
Don't you remember starting 'When You were Mine' ala The Floaters, 'Float On' ( Cancer & My Name is Charles etc.) YOU did participate in THAT and we did 'The Older Guys' from Burritto Deluxe which Dave said was the most 'rockist' song he'd ever been involved in. it was a Sunday Afternoon at The Clarendon.
Paul Kelly opened with 'The Return Of The Grievous Angel'. Alcohol doesn't preserve memories too bloody well, does it?
M (never touch the stuff) D

Offline glee

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 11:45:57 AM »
I remember playing When You Were Mine but not this specific performance. Older Guys kind of rings a bell but no recollection of Paul singing Grievous Angel at all, unfortunately as I can almost hear it in my head. Surprisingly I remember certain drunken nights very well. I certainly don't have the recall that Keith has if his bio is to be believed. When I played at the Clarendon with Susans reasonably recently it did seem to be sparking vague memories that never came into clear focus. We did play at the Clarendon didn't we? 

Offline Max Dembo

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 05:12:05 PM »
"Charles Dickens is a writer worth stealing."
   (George Orwell)
And then there's guys like Keith which no self respecting tea leaf would touch. If he HAD the recall you suggest he wouldn't claim to have 'never taken a shot in the vein' : yeah me too, Keith, except Robert Franks didn't film not doing it - dumb arsehole.
The Susans? I don't recall playing in them, except to sing backing vocals
on Rubberneckin' and once missed a gig because I slept in. Missed a Triffids gig for that reason too.

md