Author Topic: new audio  (Read 4305 times)

Offline glee

• Administrator
new audio
« on: February 14, 2011, 01:36:23 PM »
To mark Dave's upcoming birthday I've begun uploading some new audio for you all. First up yet another version of Too Hot, from radio in Sweden I believe. Acoustic version and one that might have made it to the boxed set except for the usual complications. Also a live version of Reverie from Players in Paddington Green. 1982 says my cassette but I see it's listed in some places as '83. A little to busy to properly investigate. There will be more to come. Hiope I haven't slipped up and given you something you've already got.
And happy valentines day to you all as well. A big kiss to lonesomesquare.
The usual place for the audio.

Offline lonesomesquare

Re: new audio
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 04:13:14 PM »
How much physical romance could someone hope to get on Valentine's Day. Hey hey hey!
Has the Triffids got to my daisy??? (a random quote from the Gardening in Oz forum)

Offline HVanherf

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 04:06:28 AM »
Hi

could this version of "too hot..." be from a dutch rado show ? (Jan Douwe Kroeske's show ?)
Because I remember clearly having taped this from the radio, and especially the "Well it's not that hot, it's warm..." line.
Also, I don't remember me much listening to swedish radio...

Offline glee

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »
You could be right Harald, the cassette I got it from has sketchy details. May very well be the show you refer to. 

Offline genkboy

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »
Hi

could this version of "too hot..." be from a dutch rado show ? (Jan Douwe Kroeske's show ?)
Because I remember clearly having taped this from the radio, and especially the "Well it's not that hot, it's warm..." line.
Also, I don't remember me much listening to swedish radio...

Also taped it at the time. It believe it was not a Jan Douwe Kroeske show but a dutch (VPRO) program on a Wednesday afternoon (was that show called Spleen ???). Anyway from my perspective it was very hot that day.
walls so thin I can almost hear them breathing

Offline Eke

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 11:41:31 PM »
Hiope I haven't slipped up and given you something you've already got.

Funnily enough you have, and it's Too Hot To Move which appears further down the page flagged as coming from a Dutch radio session. Still - better quality version so all happy :)

Offline glee

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 10:59:43 PM »
Ah...knew I was bound to begin doing that kind of thing before too long. Brain cells scarce and sluggish.

Offline vurwi

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 07:18:27 AM »
Also taped it at the time. It believe it was not a Jan Douwe Kroeske show but a dutch (VPRO) program on a Wednesday afternoon (was that show called Spleen ???). Anyway from my perspective it was very hot that day.

Spleen was a couple of years earlier, on sunday afternoons. This was on wednesdays, and might have been called 'De Wilde Wereld' or 'Nozems a-go-go'.

Offline glee

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 09:47:10 AM »
Del Wilde Wereld sounds familiar

Offline Stupy

• True Believers (Hunters and Collectors)
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 08:42:49 PM »
As always, thanks for the audio Graham :)

Offline Max Dembo

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 06:20:12 AM »
Bit of a 'If it's Thursday this must be Belgium' situation or
perhaps a 'Carry on Rocking' one.

Kenneth Williams