Author Topic: Feel Good Hits of the Summer (with The Triffids)  (Read 3002 times)

Offline lonesomesquare

Feel Good Hits of the Summer (with The Triffids)
« on: August 23, 2010, 03:47:57 PM »
In yesterday's edition of a local newspaper, Belgian writer Herman Brusselmans named 'Estuary Bed' and 'The Seabirds' (in this order) as his favourite summer hits.

Glee, looks like you have one more reason to believe that you're Big in Belgium ;) Respect, HB!
Has the Triffids got to my daisy??? (a random quote from the Gardening in Oz forum)

Offline HVanherf

Re: Feel Good Hits of the Summer (with The Triffids)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 11:15:31 PM »
Also good to know.
In one of his early books from the 80-ties one of the settings is the bar of "de vooruit", while the triffids are playing in the concert room.

Offline lonesomesquare

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 05:35:51 AM »
In one of his early books from the 80-ties one of the settings is the bar of "De Vooruit", while The Triffids are playing in the concert room.

Apparently 'Estuary Bed' is also one of the ten tracks featured in the audio (mp3) book 'Herman Brusselmans leest... Muziek door mijn eeuwen heen' (2007). I'm curious what he has to say about it in his own unique style.
Has the Triffids got to my daisy??? (a random quote from the Gardening in Oz forum)

Offline glee

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 10:25:05 AM »
Thanks...I'll look further into Mr Brusselmans.  
Is the list really "feel good" hits? The Seabirds is not exactly brimming with sunny optimism.   
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:29:05 AM by glee »

Offline lonesomesquare

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 03:42:26 PM »
Is the list really "feel good" hits? The Seabirds is not exactly brimming with sunny optimism.

The list is called "favourite summer hits" (!)