Author Topic: What would go on the Love of Will Reissue?  (Read 13843 times)

Offline genkboy

Re: What would go on the Love of Will Reissue?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2013, 05:07:42 PM »
Is it "planned" ? Or only deep in our dreams ?
walls so thin I can almost hear them breathing

Offline RichM

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2013, 03:47:25 AM »
 :)

Maybe I had it all planned in my head whilst Deep In A Dream!!

Offline geoffm

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 09:40:56 PM »
I have the vaguest recollection of an unreliable recall that the rights reverted around 2014.If that happens it may or may not make a difference.I`m not sure why I`m bothering with this post but,hey,I haven`t been here for a while.
I go now.
Look George,partridges

Offline son of albert

• ..the evenings were a kind of melancholy truce...
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 04:11:35 AM »
The reissue series has led me to believe that dreams do come true. Every official release reissued at a standard to shame allcomers!  :o A 7inch vinyl replica box set!  :o A 10 CD box set of rarities!  :o A book of poems and a book of recollections/essays!:o Films!:o Gigs !  :o A Susans Box ! :o

So let's dream a little. What would be on the deluxe reissue of LOW? Taking inspiration from the forum audio page, the reissues and pushing it I would go for a McComb Box....

CD1: LOW
CD2: LOW rehearsals and demos
CD3: Singles and EPs - I Don't Need You [w Adam Peters]; The Message; Setting you Free; Clear out My Mind
CD4: Live Gig Red Ponies Tour 1994 [Graham has posted some fantastic stuff]
CD5: Costar Windsor Demos - mixed down versions
CD6: Ephemera: Four hours Sleep songs, live Costar bits, I'm Still Alive and Well, Red Ponies on Later, alternative takes [e.g. Devil Please].

I'd buy it! Whaddya think?

I haven't changed my mind...... :)
It's an idea some day, in my tears, my dreams...

Offline Colt

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »
I have just read the highly enjoyable memoirs of 1990s Australian rock critic Andrew Mueller, Its Too Late to Die Young Now. He recalls that during a short stint writing for the NME (he mostly worked for Melody Maker) he reviewed Dave's 'Love of Will' giving it 9 out of 10 - only for the Editor to unilaterally downgrade the score to 6 out of 10 by the time the review was published. Apparently this kind of thing was/is common at NME.

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
  • "Light on the water, We could sail on forever"
What would go on the Love of Will Reissue?
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2013, 08:02:47 AM »
.....probably very common if the both reviewed and reviewer are Australian. After all, part of the NMEs role is to ensure the Londoncentricity of the music scene, even if nothing much significant has ever come out of London that wasn't imported.
We all have our croissants to bear

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
  • "Light on the water, We could sail on forever"
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 11:21:05 PM »
Should I eat my words,

now?

or later?...

Sweeping generalisations, eh. Who needs 'em.
We all have our croissants to bear

Offline son of albert

• ..the evenings were a kind of melancholy truce...
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 02:01:29 AM »
The reissue series has led me to believe that dreams do come true. Every official release reissued at a standard to shame allcomers!  :o A 7inch vinyl replica box set!  :o A 10 CD box set of rarities!  :o A book of poems and a book of recollections/essays!:o Films!:o Gigs !  :o A Susans Box ! :o

So let's dream a little. What would be on the deluxe reissue of LOW? Taking inspiration from the forum audio page, the reissues and pushing it I would go for a McComb Box....

CD1: LOW
CD2: LOW rehearsals and demos
CD3: Singles and EPs - I Don't Need You [w Adam Peters]; The Message; Setting you Free; Clear out My Mind
CD4: Live Gig Red Ponies Tour 1994 [Graham has posted some fantastic stuff]
CD5: Costar Windsor Demos - mixed down versions
CD6: Ephemera: Four hours Sleep songs, live Costar bits, I'm Still Alive and Well, Red Ponies on Later, alternative takes [e.g. Devil Please].

I'd buy it! Whaddya think?

Still waiting.

This thread could be thought of as dead....but the precedent of Bleddyn's Book is keeping me going. A seemingly annual suggestion it was coming out soon  eventually ended up with...it coming out :)
It's an idea some day, in my tears, my dreams...

Offline genkboy

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2015, 10:22:40 PM »
In the weekend I played my own "deluxe" version of Love of will or "the David McComb post triffids collection" : the album, the single cds, I don't need you,  Still alive and well, Country boy, Blackeyed Susans tracks sung by Dave, Four Hours Sleep, Costar. Then it was time to go to bed.
walls so thin I can almost hear them breathing