Author Topic: A secret in the shape of a song in Hasselt 16 and 17 April 2010  (Read 27630 times)

Offline Hans

Re: A secret in the shape of a song in Hasselt 16 and 17 April 2010
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2011, 03:52:46 AM »
Another minor thing I'd like to mention. On the Sunday night as Adrian Hoffman was about to do a turn at the mic a member of the audience shouted out "Keep on stinging Triffids!". It might have been Ben, the one who requested Once A Day, but I couldn't be sure. With the combined slurring effects of a dutch accent and alcohol on the pronunciation, this confusing message threw Adrian off his stride a little. But I thought there was something quite cool about the sentiment and the way it was expressed, as it seems to encompass disparate elements of what makes the Triffids musical palette special within the bounds of very few words.

A recording of that Sunday night is now available via Dime. http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=338226 (login required)
I hope this OK with everyone.

Offline manicpopthrills

« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2011, 07:30:54 AM »
This is the first time I've been able to bring myself to read this since last year! Hello again.

The Artist formerly known as Mike_M

Offline Sufferin Jukebox

• We all got it comin kid
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2011, 09:21:32 PM »
Hi Y'All,

I'm a sometimes visitor to this site  but nonetheless a big Triffids fan since 1986. I now find myself working near Hasselt for the next six months. Seeing as Hasselt was central to getting the band to play again in the noughties I wondered is there some kind of concentration of fans in the area and if so are do they get together?

Offline stevenl

« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2011, 06:16:19 PM »
Sufferin Jukebox, here would be the best place for you to start;
http://www.kunstencentrumbelgie.com/
As Liesbeth and the guys that run the Belgie are huge fans and the epicenter of all things Triffids in Hasselt.

Offline Sufferin Jukebox

• We all got it comin kid
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2011, 07:26:14 PM »
Thanks Stevenl