Author Topic: Hopetoun Hotel  (Read 2115 times)

Offline hillsaths

Hopetoun Hotel
« on: March 25, 2009, 05:53:06 PM »
I have not seen any other mention of this Gig anywhere. The band played an unannounced gig on a Sunday afternoon at the Hopetoun(I believe they were the Killer Plants). At the time the Hoey had a small stage in the corner where larger bands like Paul Kelly and the Coloured Girls and the Triffids would struggle to fit on.
Margaret Lamy did backing vocals I have some great photos of the band taken on the footpath outside the pub talking to everyone as well as photos of Alsy sticking his head through the Bass Drum skin(with The Triffids name on).  I have no chance of remembering what songs were played that day, except to say it was a great show.

Offline weasel

Re: Hopetoun Hotel
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 09:02:09 PM »
This is the gig I recall. Did Graham play, he doesn't remeber it? I saw the Tall Tales set and went out for a breather and couldn't really get back in again.

Offline WimZer

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 02:34:52 PM »
                Hi, I know this thread is quite old, but I am interested about your topic entitled Hopetoun Hotel. I am looking for some hotels that I can have my vacation relaxing and enjoyable when I got there in Sydney. The hotel I am looking for is place that is near to bars or discos in which I will be painting the town red with my girlfriend.  
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 05:13:30 PM by WimZer »

Offline stevenl

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 03:40:04 PM »
                Hi, I know this thread is quite old, but I am interested about your topic entitled Hopetoun Hotel. I am looking for some hotels that I can have my vacation relaxing and enjoyable.

As everyone here can tell you the Hopetoun Hotel would have to be one of the best to stay at in Sydney, enjoy your stay!