Author Topic: Not Groundhog Day in these parts  (Read 4019 times)

glee

Not Groundhog Day in these parts
« on: January 16, 2009, 10:38:17 AM »
Bloody hell...how did this happen? We fly home to Melbourne and Perth to await the next round with much on our minds.

Offline KrieB

Fly home - Re: Not Groundhog Day in these parts
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 12:41:40 PM »
Well then, have a safe flight home with not too much heavy stuff on your minds (keep that plane circling high above)

And what else… Only passing through (sometimes happy, sometimes blue etc)

Or thinking about things turning slowly into gold

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:53:04 PM by KrieB »
Throw yourself into The Triffids darling, you haven't got a chance!

Offline glee

• Administrator
Re: Not Groundhog Day in these parts
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 08:42:14 PM »
Wasn't planned this way at all.... but we were together at Sydney airport before flying to our respective homes. Sunday night in Bowral was a very potent gig albeit a little short. I'd requested a bit of extra time but didn't get it. We got through  the set we'd planned anyway. The LC/Day On The Green operation treated us with respect. The day before in the Hunter Valley we were a bit rushed, nervous and not entirely on top of things. Show was fine but Bowral came together much more in the spirit that this show should be. A very powerful set, many thanks to Mick Harvey on (mainly) electric guitar for adding some touches that lifted things considerably. I love our full complement but this was a stripped down beast that had quite a snarl. Leonard's hammond player seemed to like it very much. We presented Leonard (through Sharon) with the Triffids catalogue.

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
  • "Light on the water, We could sail on forever"
Re: Not Groundhog Day in these parts
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 12:31:48 AM »
A pic from Bowral extracted from the internet (admittedly with brothers Liam and Jacob Morath somewhat hogging the foreground):

If you squint, I believe The Triffids are performing on stage.

The crowd looks fairly big.
We all have our croissants to bear