Author Topic: European premiere of It's raining pleasure  (Read 6015 times)

Offline genkboy

European premiere of It's raining pleasure
« on: January 13, 2009, 06:46:00 AM »
I just received the brochure of "Kunstencentrum BelgiŽ" in Hasselt (Belgium) and it has on page 5 the announcement of the European premiere of It's raining pleasure, The Sydney festival rockumentary, on Saturday 21 February at 20h. This will happen at the same location as the 2006 Hasselt concerts.

Director and producer Steven Levett will be there and give an introduction to the movie.

You will also have the chance to see some stuff from the 2006 concerts in Hasselt and Amsterdam and there will be an exposition of pictures made in 2006. By the way, you can find audio of these concerts here http://triffidsbeach.blogspot.com/2008/04/triffids-tribute-in-hasselt.html and here http://triffidsbeach.blogspot.com/2007/08/triffids-live-in-2006.html

You can ask for tickets at belgie@skynet.be. Cost = 5 euro, 4 euro if you are a member of KC BelgiŽ.
walls so thin I can almost hear them breathing

Offline genkboy

Re: European premiere of It's raining pleasure
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 05:24:41 PM »

Offline Kees

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 03:58:01 AM »
I just received the brochure of "Kunstencentrum BelgiŽ" in Hasselt (Belgium) and it has on page 5 the announcement of the European premiere of It's raining pleasure, The Sydney festival rockumentary, on Saturday 21 February at 20h. This will happen at the same location as the 2006 Hasselt concerts.

Director and producer Steven Levett will be there and give an introduction to the movie.

You will also have the chance to see some stuff from the 2006 concerts in Hasselt and Amsterdam and there will be an exposition of pictures made in 2006. By the way, you can find audio of these concerts here http://triffidsbeach.blogspot.com/2008/04/triffids-tribute-in-hasselt.html and here http://triffidsbeach.blogspot.com/2007/08/triffids-live-in-2006.html

You can ask for tickets at belgie@skynet.be. Cost = 5 euro, 4 euro if you are a member of KC BelgiŽ.

Yep, also received the brochure yesterday, approx 5 minutes later my mail has been sent and received confirmation today that my tickets will be ready at the entrance.

On February 20th, I celebrate my 40th birthday, so tickets for that evening are already a beautiful gift to myself  ;D

Offline lonesomesquare

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 06:57:25 AM »
Lonesomesquarewillbethere!
Has the Triffids got to my daisy??? (a random quote from the Gardening in Oz forum)

Offline winston smersch

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 06:10:05 PM »
Hope it went well.

Offline stevenl

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 09:18:53 PM »
Hope it went well.

So do I but only after it has happened, NEXT WEEK!

Offline genkboy

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 11:45:17 PM »
So who is going tomorrow ?

Kees
Lonesomesquare
Genkboy
and ????

Offline lonesomesquare

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 05:31:11 AM »

Kees
Lonesomesquare
Genkboy
and ????

See you tomorrow, Triffolks!
Has the Triffids got to my daisy??? (a random quote from the Gardening in Oz forum)

Offline stevenl

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 08:43:06 AM »
I'll be there!

Offline winston smersch

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 12:03:36 PM »
OOOOPS- hope it GOES well then !!

Offline Kees

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »

Kees
Lonesomesquare
Genkboy
and ????

I will be wearing a red rose in a white jacket so you can recognise me  ;D

If I might forget it : if you see some 40 year old guy with 1 mm hair and black and white glasses, talking to his wife with very black hair and glasses, then the chance is fairly big that you see Kees  ;)

Offline genkboy

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 08:36:56 PM »
Well, it appears it was the world premiere as Stevenl told it will only be shown next Wednesday in Australia.

Great film, songs with interview fragments in between, beaUtifully shot and great sound. At a budget of 15,000 euro, Steven mentioned in his opening speech.

i think there were about 150 people at the venue.

We (LSQ, Kees and myself) talked to Steven (and his wife/girlfriend) afterwards and he told it will also be on the film festival in Helsinki (lucky vps and other Finnish Triffheads). He will be talking with Domino, he's thinking of a release as a film combined with a dvd of the concert as it was. Let's hope that his efforts will lead to such release.

The best guest appearances in my opinion were done by Rob Snarski, Steve Kilbey and Melanie Oxley, but the highlight for me was a fantastic version of Tarrilup Bridge.

Offline lonesomesquare

Re: Pre-world premiere of It's raining pleasure
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 05:54:26 AM »
The best guest appearances in my opinion were done by Rob Snarski, Steve Kilbey and Melanie Oxley, but the highlight for me was a fantastic version of Tarrilup Bridge.

For me personally that would be the truly superb and soulful rendition of 'This One Eats Souls' by Rob Snarski & Chris Abrahams. Never realised how beautiful the closing song of the BES 'All Souls Alive' album really was until yesterday. And guess what I found on the It's Raining Pleasure website just now. Some lonesomeguys have all the luck!

Thanks a million, stevenl. All the best! Hope you get your Antwerp screening so I can buy you a load of Hoegaardens. (That should have a tremendous effect on your knowledge and understanding of the Flemish language!)

And thank you Liesbeth and Jo from KC BelgiŽ for being who you are and the wonderful things which you make happen. Respect! (and a kiss on the cheek for Liesbeth too ;))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:08:13 AM by lonesomesquare »

Offline Mark_from_Perth

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 09:43:37 AM »
Its fantastic that you guys on the opposite side of the globe are finally getting a chance to experience this show. I'm glad it has recieved such high praise from you guys in particular. I look forward to seeing it myself one day!

I guess it kind of makes up for us being so spoilt with live shows over here in Australia, but hopefully one day you'll get to experience some semblance of it too.

Offline Kees

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 06:17:40 AM »

What can I add to the postings from Genkboy and LSQ ? They mentionned it all.
It is a great film, beautiful shots, great sound, even the music is brilliant ;D.

Thinking back, one of the highlights for me were the songs Melanie Oxley performed ('embedded' and 'I want to conquer you')

Thanks Stevenl for doing a great job, and thanks a lot for all people involved who made it happen.

Can't wait to have a copy of my own  ;)