Author Topic: Canberra, 14 August 1989  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Colt

Canberra, 14 August 1989
« on: August 18, 2008, 10:04:03 PM »
I attended the last ever Triffids Gig at the Australian National University in Canberra. It was brilliant, but at the time I had no idea it was going to be their last ever gig. They certainly did not say anything to suggest that. David was in great form and the set list was terrific.

Anyone else out there remember it?

Offline TowerOfSong

Re: Canberra, 14 August 1989
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 04:40:48 PM »
Yeah, I was there...
Wadya gonna do?
T. Soprano

Offline Colt

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 03:52:37 PM »
I let Friday's 20th anniversary of Dave's last gig with the Triffids slip past unmentioned. In fact that day I attended the opening of the wonderful Nick Cave exhibition at the National Library - with honours performed by Robert Forster of the Go-Betweens. The Triffids did get a name check that night.

Other memories of the gig at the ANU bar - support was Not Drowning, Waving; and a friend has reminded me that the band could not get their sequencer to work on the night, so that had to play entirely analogue. Maybe not a bad thing for their final gig.

Offline glee

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 10:23:32 AM »
I'm sure Jill remembers the evening well then as she was in charge of the dud sequencer or sampler or whatever it was.
I do have some memories of the gig but I'm sure I'd have more had I known it was to be the last.
Thanks for the reminder that 20 years have passed since we last set foot on stage as a full band. I'll digest that as best I can.