Author Topic: Dungeon Tape  (Read 3881 times)

Offline criag

Dungeon Tape
« on: June 27, 2007, 10:50:11 AM »
One of their rarer recordings of course, and only available on tape. David's younger sounding voice and whimsical lyrics have always made this my favourite Triffids experience. Chock full of songs, some of which were later recorded with a deeper and more mature sounding David, it is a glimpse of the prolific songwriting to come. Never released on CD, so had to make my own before my tape died.

glee

Re: Dungeon Tape
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 11:06:30 AM »
Both Dungeon tapes and the first six cassettes won't be neglected in the re-issue series, not sure of details but they are on the radar.

Offline genkboy

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 09:51:22 PM »
I think a lot of forum members like the early tapes.

I have never heard tapes 1, 2 and 3 however, so I can't say much about 'em. Hope they will get a full re-release some time.
walls so thin I can almost hear them breathing

Offline mel

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 12:26:27 AM »
Dungeon tape and Son of ..were my favourites, too.   Am glad to read that they will be included in the re-issue at some point.

Offline winston smersch

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 04:54:36 PM »
I'd like to put a vote in for "Tape 4"- Track one, "Cyclone" seemed particularly apt given Cyclone Alby's devastation the year before (1978 I think...). Dave may have been remembering Franklin Tate's version of "Alby the Albatross" from Primary School when he wrote this one. Julian Douglas Smith's "Everybody Likes to Disco" (in instrumental form) was on this tape too.