Author Topic: Calenture  (Read 39445 times)

Offline Jonzot

Re: Calenture
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2009, 09:17:32 PM »
I can't understand why Vagabond holes is not mentioned as a favourite.  It has great energy and strong lyrics and that scream at the end tops it off.  There should be more screaming in songs.  WPA always loved a good scream.  Kelly's blues use to annoy me with it's harsh guitar but as I've gotten older it's become my favourite Triffids song.  Love the line "Kelly's car is rusting in my back shed" makes you wonder what has happened to Kelly, and is he responsible for her disappearance - dark and mysterious.

Offline genkboy

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2009, 02:33:50 AM »
Hi Jonzot, welcome. And who is WPA (forgive my ignorance) ?

Maybe we should have a thread on favorite screams ... I always thought John Cale did one hell of a job on Fear (especially live).
walls so thin I can almost hear them breathing

Offline Eke

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2009, 03:37:21 AM »
Hi Jonzot.

Good call for a thread genkboy - I always liked The Slits' Ari Up on Shoplifting (from Cut) screaming and then giggling "I've pissed in my knickers" after it's all gotten completely out of control.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 03:58:24 AM by Eke »

Offline Jonzot

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2009, 09:47:23 PM »
Hi Genkboy and Eke, WPA-Weddings, Parties and Anything had a few good screams, Tomorrow was probably the best one.  But back to the Triffids, a lot of fans here, good to see so many like quality music.  Their later albums haven't aged probably cause they didn't follow the mainstream hey.