Author Topic: Chad's Tree / The Jackson Code  (Read 7524 times)

Offline Prkl

• rateyourmusic.com
Chad's Tree / The Jackson Code
« on: July 09, 2006, 06:40:46 PM »
Ok, not really a recommendation, but a request for a recommendation! I haven't heard ANYTHING by either of these bands, but I've been trying to get a hold of something by them for a while now, even more so now that I've heard Mark Snarski sing with the Triffids.

Anyway, I can't seem to find anything by either of these bands anywhere (digital or actual CDs/LPs)... so any help would be appreciated!  :D

Offline LAMF

Re: Chad's Tree / The Jackson Code
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 09:51:41 AM »
Most of the Jackson Code and Chad's Tree output is sadly out of print, but Citadel records recently reissued the first Jackson Code album Del Musical Del Mismo Nombre (From the musical of the same name) I highly recommend this album and I think it is still available from the following link.

http://www.citadel-records.com/mailorder/600/discs/jcdelmus.html
In the realm of the senseless....

Offline geoffm

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 11:25:33 AM »
Most of the Jackson Code and Chad's Tree output is sadly out of print, but Citadel records recently reissued the first Jackson Code album Del Musical Del Mismo Nombre (From the musical of the same name) I highly recommend this album and I think it is still available from the following link.

http://www.citadel-records.com/mailorder/600/discs/jcdelmus.html
one of my personal favourites.You should all beg borrow or steal this record-send me a pm if you cant find it Prkl
Look George,partridges

Offline LAMF

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 12:52:16 PM »
There is a MP3 file of the demo version of Entagled Vines by Chad's Tree here.

http://us.share.geocities.com/backporchtalk/chads_tree.mp3

Link is unreliable as geocities have a bandwidth limit of about 4MB per hour and the file is around 3.6 MB large, so it can only be downloaded once per hour.

Offline Gazza

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 01:31:34 PM »
Thanks LAMF. That's rather rough and ready, but more than enough to convince me that I'll need to spend some time in the second-hand racks.
This could be heaven; shallow spreads of ordered lawns.

Offline weasel

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 01:51:43 PM »
Have a few bits and pieces. Currently transferring stuff from David Nicholl's Distant Violins cassette comps that have a few Chad's Tree tracks on, as well as the CT track on 6UVS comp that I did earlier. Plus some Jackson Code albums and singles on CD. Will gladly share with anyone interested. Anyone have CTs Kerosene on CD??

Offline LAMF

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 01:57:38 PM »
I have Kerosine and Buckle In The Rail on 12" vinyl. Looking at transferring them to CD as soon as time permits. Been a little busy, but hope to do it in the next month or two.

Offline genkboy

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 04:44:18 PM »
I have the 4 regular Jackson code albums on Cd as well as the 2cd compilation (second cd are outtakes etc), plus a cd single of Bring yourself home to me. You can PM me if you can't find stuff you want.
I have nothing by Chad's Tree though.
walls so thin I can almost hear them breathing

Offline vps

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 05:24:14 PM »
I've Buckle in the Rail & Sweet Jesus Blue Eyes 12" (SJBE/Crush the Lily/Toll for Josephine/To the highest bidder) on vinyl. Alas, I haven't yet transferred on CD either but will do so eventually so in the unlikely case that someone hasn't helped with this earlier, Prkl, I can make a copy of the eventual cd. However, I'll only get around to doing that when I get a new laptop and that'll only happen later in the year.
I don't think I've heard anything from the Jackson Code but I've always like Chad's Tree stuff that I have even though some of the songs are quite meadering - but in a good way.   
Between thought and expression lies a lifetime

Offline Prkl

• rateyourmusic.com
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 05:41:33 PM »
Wow, thanks for all the offers guys, also got one via PM too! I managed to order Del Musical Del Mismo Nombre from somewhere a few days ago, so we'll see how that goes.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 05:51:59 PM by Prkl »

Offline Bish

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 10:16:49 PM »
Howdy there,

Have just joined the forum after picking up the remastered Born SD yesterday. My god does it sound good!

I have recently transfered Chads Tree's Buckle in the Rail album to CDR if anyone is interested? Bit crackly in parts, but very listenable and a great album if you're into the Snarski brothers.

Also have J Code's brilliant Strange Cargo album (1992) on CD. Oh and while i think of it, The Drunk The Monk and the Spunk's album Starving, Hysterical & Naked (members John Wilsteed of GoB's/Plug Uglies, Roger Norris of Plug Uglies and Kathy Wemyss of Jackson Code/Blackeyed Susans).

Can't/know very little about transferring over the 'puter, but please get in touch and i'm sure we can do some sort of CDR trade via the mail.

Offline Eke

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 07:18:52 PM »
My god does it sound good!

My god it does! Welcome to the forum bish. I'm looking forward to the remixed In The Pines CD sounding even better in a couple of months.

Offline milton

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 09:37:52 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I've got the 2 Chads Tree LP's + Singles + Demos & Live stuff. I have also got all the Jackson Code CD's + Demos & Live stuff.

Happy to trade if still required.

btw I rate Mark Snarski very highly as a singer / songwriter.

Milton.

Offline Urpal

• Global Moderator
  • "Light on the water, We could sail on forever"
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 11:13:17 PM »
I don't think this interview with the Snarskis has been linked before:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/music/bands-of-brothers/2005/08/31/1125302632297.html

I found it whilst digging around under the stairs.
We all have our croissants to bear

Offline genkboy

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 05:11:25 AM »
Anyone has bought the Chad's tree anthology "Crossing off the miles" ?

Sound of the (2) CD's really is great.

Highly recommended, for anyone who has some budget left after buying Come ride with me   :o
walls so thin I can almost hear them breathing